Johnson & Johnson confirms pause in vaccine trial; Fauci says holding large rallies ‘asking for trouble’; Czech government closes bars and schools
- White House doctor says US President has tested negative for Covid
- Covid in Europe: second wave gathers pace across continent
- Trump holds packed rally after Covid diagnosis as he struggles in polls
- Anthony Fauci criticises Trump for using his words out of context
- Boris Johnson unveils three-tier Covid restrictions for England
Germany’s population has contracted slightly for the first time in nearly a decade because immigration shrank as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, official data showed Tuesday.
Some 83.1 million people lived in Germany at the end of June, with the population declining by 40,000, or 0.05%, in the year’s first half, according to the Federal Statistical Office.
The last decline was in the second half of 2010. Since then, the population had increased steadily — most sharply in the second half of 2015, when the influx of migrants to Europe caused an increase of 717,000 people.
Sahred From Source link World News